Thursday, February 16, 2012

~Cream Puff~



Assalamualaikum,

I made cream puff ages ago. But I just uploaded today. I'm so busy you know, HAHA
Well, it didn't turn out to be like the shape I wanted. But hey, First attempt :) But yeah, the taste is there, its just that its to soft

Pastry -

250 ml (1 cup) water
150 gm (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
125 gm (1 cup) all purpose flour
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt (reduce or omit if using salted butter or margarine)

Method -

1) Heat water, salt and butter to a rolling boil; reduce heat. Tip in the flour and stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms into a ball, about 1 minute.

2) Remove from heat. Add in the eggs, one at a time, while beating until dough mixture is smooth.

3) Heat oven to 200 degrees Celcius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

4) Use rounded teaspoonfuls (to tablespoonfuls, depending on the size you like) or a piping bag to make mounds of dough set about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Sorry I couldn't give the custard recipe. I somehow didn't save it :( Sorry, try to find it in the Internet. There's heap there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment